Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Busy week

So, the G-tube placement went off without a hitch and Ezra is recovering well. He had a rough afternoon/evening in the sense that he won't sleep! We left at a quarter to 10 tonight (Peter drove me home before returning to spend the night there with Ez) and at that point Ezra had been awake since 12:30pm! Poor guy. I hope he sleeps tonight. He was continually taking out his nasal prongs from the oxygen, so they put mittens on him. HA...yep, back to his feisty self already! He is tolerating the feeds well...although its only been pedialite since 6pm. They started the first round of formula at 11pm and I will find out in the morning how his night went. Providing everything goes well and he tolerates feeds, he will be coming home tomorrow afternoon.

Here's a before and after of the little man!




The other two kids are great--having a wonderful time with Grandma!

Alayna got her hair cut over the weekend and looks sassy and cute.


Jeremiah is bored and can't wait to go back to school (12 more days).


Peter and I went out on Monday night for our anniversary. We saw The Dark Knight which we LOVED. Heath Ledger and Christian Bale were AMAZING. I also LOVE Morgan Freeman in whatever he does, so of course I appreciated his performance. It was an awesome movie and I am so thankful the colitis settled down for those few hours. We also got to go out to dinner tonight, just the Olive Garden which is down the street from the hospital. Hurray!

Thanks again for checking in...now our prayers is that the little man will grow and learn to eat "the right way". We need a feeding therapist willing to do home therapy, which is very hard to find!

Adios familia y amigos.

No comments: