Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Has (Almost) Sprung!

I love having 4 seasons.  Portland is giddy because we're so close to spring.  We still have lots of drizzle, but the temps have been consistently in the 50s and even into the 60s.  We're having more sunshine than not.  As much as I love Fall, I also really love Spring.  I love that we have a mix of rain and sunshine on the same day.  I love all the blossoms (tulips are almost ready!!!) and new leaves on the trees.  I love that the gardens are starting to bloom (not for us, since we have yet to plant our own garden) and that the farmer's markets are back.  I just love having more outside time.

Since I've been oh so busy with school, I haven't been able to partake in some of the adventures Peter and the kids have had recently.  But, I gave myself a time out from studying yesterday (it seems I've hit a mental wall where I cannot retain any new information and it has been difficult to retrieve old info as well) and spent the day outdoors with the kids.  First, we were just at home getting to know the new neighbors and then I decided to take them to Laurelhurst Park.  It was a great afternoon.  And I really needed the respite--because finals are this week and next and I am *this* close to being chucked from the program.  So, I need to do well.  Here are some photos from our afternoon.



Pouting because I wouldn't let him go off on his own....

Don't feed the ducks!







I wish I had their strength and energy.....

Shorts and t-shirts in 60º weather--Welcome to Portland!




And now for an annoying plug/reminder that I will be walking with some of my fellow nursing students for the March of Dimes next month (on April 27th).  Consider clicking the link in the sidebar and sponsoring our team!  Better yet, if you're in the Portland area, come walk with us!

No comments: