Saturday, September 27, 2008

Never-Ending Summer

I AM SO OVER THIS HEAT!!!!!! Its no secret how much I despise AZ weather between April and November, but seriously, ENOUGH! I am literally going crazy. I am sick of being inside all the time; the kids are literally jumping off the walls from boredom. And, because of their age differences, its difficult to find indoor activities that keep them both entertained that does not involve the television/video games. I miss walks. I miss parks. I miss rain--cold, drizzly, foggy, CA rain. I miss trees, flowers, real green grass. I am just saying no to summer!

We tried an outdoor activity yesterday by attending Phoenix Zoo's Biggest Play Date event (sponsored by Fisher Price). The kids had fun, but by 9am I was sweaty and feeling claustrophobic from the amount of people. And, of course, we still had to walk around and see the animals. Well, we saw a few of their favorites (the orangutan, the otters, the zebras and giraffes, and the monkey village) and then we went home. I think it was our shortest zoo trip ever. 1 hour, 45 minutes. I'm trying to be a fun Mom, but we got home, and I got back into my pajamas, and we had yet another movie marathon (we did that Friday too). Lame old me.

So, anyway, here are a few shots from yesterday. Enjoy. :)











Hurry up November!!!

2 comments:

Love and Laughter said...

Sara,
I am sick and tired of this heat too. I think I am more ready this year than any other year for the change of seasons. We did go to the school yard tonight to play and it wasn't that bad, but I still can't wait to feel that chill in the air when I go outside. I am with you on this one. November, get here fast.

Audrey said...

HaHa! I am so with you! Every September I am begging LaRue to move me to Washington or somewhere COOL and GREEN!! And I have lived here all my life. You never do get used to it.