Halloween 2008, over and done. It was way too hot and the kids' costumes made them sweat but they had a great time. We went trick or treating for about an hour with Jeremiah's very good friend Timothy and two of Timothy's friends. The kids were very excited and just ran up and down walkways to as many houses as they could. After about an hour, we walked over to the kids' school for a Trunk or Treat. There were hot dogs, drinks, and about 30 cars giving away candy. There was also a chili cook-off. If I had known I would have entered my chicken enchilada chili, which (if I do say so myself) is pretty tasty. When Alayna started tripping over herself and whining to go potty, that was our cue to head home. We stopped at a few more houses along the way (we live around the corner from the school) and called it a night.
Of course, the battery on our camera went out before the night even got started, but I did manage to get a few pictures and a video.


The Dark Side's protege:

Little Ladybug:

The night is done:

A message from the kids:
One side note:
It stung my heart every time I would see a baby Ezra's age toddling around (there were a lot of them). We had planned for Ezra to be Yoda this year, and he would have looked SO CUTE in the costume. He is always at the forefront of my mind at any family function. I still consider myself a Mom of 3 and us a family of 5. I wonder if that will change.
2 comments:
Cute they are, yes.
What an adorable Lady bug and Darth Vador was very energetic in his renactment! Looks like you all had a great time!
Jasmine and Jeff
Post a Comment